cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Interleaving

Does anyone know whether customer services in India have the ability to turn off interleaving and place you back on fastpath?  They are telling me that they can do this and have completed this on my line.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Interleaving

there are many posts about latency change and you need an engineer visit to get your line reset and at present only setting is automatic.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

I thought so; why on earth are customer services giving me such a run around?  Useless. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Barry57
Expert
Message 5 of 15

Unfortunately the only quick way to get the dlm reset is to request an openreach boost engineer to visit......Downside is you could be billed if no fault is found. 😞

Is it a hh5 your using ?

Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Yes, HH5 here.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 7 of 15

Might be an idea to raise a fault to see how the line checks come back.

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/reporting.do?pageId=21

Also useful to  check  if  the connection speed still tallies with the A/B ranges:

www.dslchecker.bt.com

If their's no faults/issues then it might be worth researching using a openreach modem. These do seem to settle the line down.

The hh5 can be partially mischievous on some connections. I had a load of issues with it earlier in the year with it.

Ray & the other "Guru's" recommened them & the line took about a month to return to "fast" mode and its been great since.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

You should post what your problem is. You have not done that yet so any advice you are getting at present is a generalisation rather than specific to what your problem may be.

In order to assist, as well as specifing what your problem is, can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

As you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Here is what is possible on my line:

Capture8.PNG

We have previously been connecting at 80, but have seen anywhere from 74 to 80, and this has been ever since we had Infinity 2, and this must be coming up to a year now.   The problem seemed to start around Christmas time when we noticed latency issues.

Lines 1 through 12 from my HH5 are:

1. Product Name: HomeHub52. Serial number: +076284+14020158303. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated 15/11/20144. Board version: 015. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 04:00:186. Data Rate: 14994 / 564917. Maximum Data Rate: 26759 / 1051728. Noise Margin: 12.2 / 13.19. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 6.110. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.011. Data sent/received: 72.6 MB / 314.4 MB12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com13. BT Wi-fi:Yes

And the results of our speed test using a wired connection are:

Capture9.PNG

OUr IP profile was much higher a few weeks ago.  Interleaving appears to have been triggered?  In November, I know for certain that we were on fastpath and all was well.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Your noise margin is to high given the speeds you are getting which would indicate a fault on your line. This will have caused DLM to kick in and lower your speeds to maintain a stable connection. You need to report a fault and have BT send an engineer out to investigate.