cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 15

Re: Interleaving

Your upload appears to have been capped by DLM to raise your noise margin to deal with errors and disconnections that DLM has seen on your line.

You have very low attenuation and 80/20 on Fastpath should be easily achievable.

You clearly have a problem and you will need an engineer visit to find the fault and fix it.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Highlighted
Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Yes, I have been trying to do that repeatedly over the last few weeks with no success with customer services.  They keep telling me that there isnt a fault on the line and they will not send out an engineer.  It is really frustrating.

However, they did say yesterday that there was a "technical fault" on the line, and I asked them what this exactly was, and they kept saying it was "technical" without giving me any specifics.   After demanding repeatedly that they book an engineer they said they would refer my case to the network faults team. 

I really do appreciate the help here, and just wanted to say thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 15

@Pete_1234 wrote:

Here is what is possible on my line:

Capture8.PNG

Lines 1 through 12 from my HH5 are:

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2. Serial number: +076284+1402015830

3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated 15/11/2014

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 04:00:18

6. Data Rate: 14994 / 56491

7. Maximum Data Rate: 26759 / 105172

8. Noise Margin: 12.2 / 13.1

9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 6.1

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0

11. Data sent/received: 72.6 MB / 314.4 MB

12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

13. BT Wi-fi:Yes

You see the Data Rate on line 6? This shows 14994 up and 56491 down

Compare this with your lowest estimate of  17700 up and 70200 down.

I suggest you advise Customer Services that your data rate is way below the lowest estimate and tell them you obviously have a line fault which will need an engineer to fix pronto.

If they still refuse, I suggest you contact the mods.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

I had success today, and have managed to book an engineer visit for Tuesday.  I told them that the noise on my line was high, and they assumed that I meant that I had heard noise on my phone line.   I didn't correct them because this meant that they booked an engineer straight away, and they confirmed that this was to investigate a fault in relation to my infinity service.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 15 of 15

Hopefully then it will be sorted soon 🙂

Once its all done & dusted with openreach & the lines back to tip top condition, maybe take a look at an unlocked openreach modem if you like to keep an eye on how the lines performing. {They prvide some quite indepth line detail}

After nearly year of use & a great line connection( I Still thank "Guru's" ) , I'd really miss not knowning the line stats.

0 Ratings