cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Interleaving?

Hey,

Interleaving has just enabled on my conection doubling, nearly trippling my latency, can someone explain how to turn this off as my connection has been fine until now. I've got high ping whilst gaming, and the broadband keeps cutting out 3-5 times a day for a few minutes.

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Interleaving?

You can't turn off interleaving, it is under the control of DLM.

The broadband cutting out is the problem which has led to DLM taking action.

Is there any noise on your line with a quiet line test 17070 carried out at the test socket behind the removable faceplate of the master socket.?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

So how do I go about getting my ping/latency resotred back to what it was previously?

No noise on 17070 on option 2
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

then you need to find out what is causing your broadband connection to drop out to help your connection.  have you tried using the test socket with a filter to eliminate the master faceplate and any internal wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

You can't. DLM is an automatic system that monitors your line and adjusts it continuously. If the line is dropping that needs to get sorted with an engineer visit, but I suspect the fault will be difficult to locate if it is intermittent.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I actually had a line test done, and an engineer is coming out tomorrow to look into it. However, last time they came out, they didn't know how to fix my latency issues.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Once the noise on the line is removed, the DLM should over time, increase speeds back and will remove interleaving.
There is no point in asking or getting a reset until the reason for the DLM intervention is resolved.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Don't think I have see any posts where interleaving was removed by DLM automatically just seems once on DLM doesn't go back to fast unless there is a DLM RESET and you start again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

My mistake, I thought that so I did a search and a link stated that it would eventually fall back.

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=24069.0

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

this is really interesting and indeed suggests that IL can be removed automatically by the DLM

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/DLM.htm

It also reveals that the ISP can decide what sort of DLM response they want, either a speed biased profile or a more stable profile and that BT go for speed and talktalk go for a more stable profile 🙂

0 Ratings