cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohammedmumtaz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 21

Interleaving

Just wanted to double check on here, I wanted interleaving switched off for my BT Infinity connection and contacted someone on the live chat service, she said she turned it off for me and it would take 24 hours. I've seen before you cannot switch it off if you have Bt Infinity, so does this mean it is something that can be done now? Just want to make sure. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: Interleaving

No, it can't be done as it's controlled by DLM automatically.
However, may as well see what happens in 24 hours.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
mohammedmumtaz
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 21

Oh great

0 Ratings
mohammedmumtaz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 21

And there was me thinking she did it. What was she talking about then? Weird. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
mohammedmumtaz
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 21

Service status

Thought I would do a check on the service status, not having any problems with infinity in terms of the pc but the gaming problem which a lot of people have. Thought I would do the check to see if anything comes up (didn't really expect it too). It says the individual phone, broadband and TV status is fine but there is a fault on my line. Could it be related to me contacting an advisor and asking them to turn off interleaving for my broadband? I heard it can't be turned off of infinity but the lady said she did it and it would take 24 hours. 

Here is a pic of what it says:

broadband problem.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

Re: Service status

yes that would be the reason and yes what you were told is correct interleaving CANNOT be turned off infinity as it is turned on automatically and it is controlled by Openreach and they will not turn it off BT Retail cannot make any changes to infinity
0 Ratings
mohammedmumtaz
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 21

Strange as the person told me that did it and it would take 24 hours. Who hires these people?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 21

interleaving is fully automatic on infinity and is controlled by the DLM and BT Retail have no control over it Openreach have total control over the fibre product and ISP's cannot make adjustments unlike they could on ADSL
0 Ratings
mohammedmumtaz
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 21

I saw someone on here say around May that they had it turned off because of the gaming problems and it fixed everything. They didn't mention if the had Infinity but they said they had the hub 3.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

interleaving can be turned off on ADSL (standard broadband ) but not on Infinity the home hub 3 can be used on both services and interleaving is nothing to do with a hub it is a network setting
0 Ratings