cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Intermittant and slow broardband connection

My internet is very tempermnetal, with speeds between 0.05mbps and 41mbps. i have had an engineer to look and he stated there was a fault with the line (noiseyline) i then had a second engineer stating the line was good. Both faults have now been closed. I have registered a complaint with BT but they have not responded. Where do i go from here?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Intermittant and slow broardband connection

check for line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone from test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

hi,

thanks for the swift reply, however, I do not have a telephone connected I only use for internet

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

the most basic check for broadband problems is first to make sure you have a dial tone and then is there any line noise.  can you borrow a phone just try try test

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings