cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Intermittent authentication problem on android devices

I've a hub 5 and as I have thick stone walls I have tp- link extenders so that I can get a decent signal on the smart tv in the main room .

3 days ago I started having' authentication problems' or 'connected no internet' messages  on my android phone and tablet. Sometimes after a few goes it connects. I've had to try Forget network a few times. Sometimes that's worked. Sometimes it's ok on one device but not the other.

No problem with my laptop which is connected to the mains or the smart tv  which has a string internet connection ( connected to the powerline extender by ethernet)

But I've noticed that if I move out of the room with the Hub into the main room with the tp link extenders my phone and tablet can connect to the wifi

So am I right thinking that the problem is with the hub? 

If I restart  the hub ( unplug and plug back in again) will this help? 

I'm wary of doing it if it means it interrupts the tp-link extenders pairing. ( re - pairing them always takes quite a few attempts)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Intermittent authentication problem on android devices

Restarting will probably make no diffrence at all but a factory reset could help.

Powerline extenders are paired to work with each other, they do not need to be paired to the hub, just a simple ethernet connection to one of them.

If you're using Wi-Fi extenders then there could be a problem if you have changed the hub SSID and/or wireless password from the default, you would need to change it back (on the hub) to whatever you're currently using after the factory reset 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Nothing has changed in over a year and all has worked well. No problem with connections until Saturday

If I'm in the room with the hub I have trouble connecting the 2 devices to the hubs WiFi

But if I go into the room with the tp link extenders I can connect to the hubs wifi

There is a 2 ft thick wall between the 2 rooms

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

@kathsmithwrote:

Nothing has changed in over a year and all has worked well. No problem with connections until Saturday

If I'm in the room with the hub I have trouble connecting the 2 devices to the hubs WiFi

But if I go into the room with the tp link extenders I can connect to the hubs wifi

There is a 2 ft thick wall between the 2 rooms

You asked "If I restart  the hub ( unplug and plug back in again) will this help? 

I'm wary of doing it if it means it interrupts the tp-link extenders pairing. ( re - pairing them always takes quite a few attempts)"

I simply answered that question and explained why it shouldn't cause a problem with your other network devices.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you . That helps 

0 Ratings