cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Intermittent broadband disconnects.

For the past few days my FTTC (Fibre 1) keeps disconnecting. Router (Smarthub 6) light displays orange then within seconds back to blue and service restored. Checked phone (cordless) and still have dialtone. Router is conneced to master socket, 5C, Mk 4 faceplate.

There's no consistency, random. Replaced master socket faceplate, new known good. I'm awaiting delivery of a cheap corded phone to check for noisy line.

Not removed faceplate and connected to test socket yet. Speeds are unchanged, down and up, 56 and 19 respectively (wifi).

Any suggestions as to next steps. My BT connection has been perfectly stable for the past 3 years! Intermittent disconnections are difficult to diagnose. Could the Smarthub be faulty?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Intermittent broadband disconnects.

if the quite line is silent then I would try the test socket with a filter.  if problem still persists then I would try factory reset of hub using recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @newagetraveller,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems with the stability of your connection. @imjolly suggestion about trying the quiet line test would be a good way to test for interference.

We do tend to see a lot of issues caused by Christmas Tree lights and other electrical Christmas decorations this time of year. If you have recently got the decoration out, it might be worthwhile turning those off to see if they could be contributing to the disconnections.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @newagetraveller,

Just a quick post to see how things are with your connection?

If you need help, please post back and I'll take a look at this for you.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings