cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenA92
Message 1 of 4

Intermittent connection and slow speed

My connection had been constantly disconnecting since 21st May, the connection would be stable for anywhere between 4 to 8 hours and then disconnect. The connection has been stable now for over 21 hours but the speed on the HH status screen is half what it was before. Has anyone got any ideasStats.jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Intermittent connection and slow speed

all the drops in conenction have resulted in you ending up in a banded profile to try and stabilse your connection

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet apart from announcement and best with corded phone

have you tried using the test socket with a filter (even if you currently have a filtered master socket faceplate) to see if that help stability by eliminating your internal wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
BenA92
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately I don't have a corded phone to test the line with, but I heard a slight rustle on the line as well as some bangs and indistingushable talking.

I reported the fault to BT and they've discovered a fault on the line outside my house.

Thanks for getting back to me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

making an investment of about £5 in a cheap corded phone could save you the cost of an engineer visit if the problem is found to be on your side of the test socket  the first basic test is to see if you have a dial tone and if so is there any line noise which could be your conenction problem   this should be done from test socket so if noise persists then problem outside your property and up to openreach but if noise disappears then problem on your side and openreach will charge £129.99 for engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings