cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmRogers
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Intermittent webpages not available...

Hi - I've been having severe problems accessing certain websites from home for the last 3 or 4 weeks. The problem is there whether trying to access from either of 2 laptops, Android / Ipad tablets, Android / iphone phones, but only from home - and wired or wireless makes no difference. They all seem OK from other WiFi connection points. We have Infinity 2 and Line speed is OK at 77-78Meg. I get frequent pop-ups from BT Desktop Help telling me there is a problem with connection or email, but it is never able to solve the problem. It appears to hang or freeze pages - but sometimes, hitting the BACK button and trying again works... I often get This page can’t be displayed •Make sure the web address https://portal.microsoftonline.com is correct. •Look for the page with your search engine. •Refresh the page in a few minutes. Any thoughts... BT Faults don't seem to be able to help!! Malcolm
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Intermittent webpages not available...

first try deleting desk top help many posters here suggest that as it can cause more problems that it solves
0 Ratings
MalcolmRogers
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi Thanks - that might help on my one main pc - but the problem is also happening on my other devices - with no Desktop Help istalled!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Have you checked to see if there are problems in your area?
http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2ndmouse
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

This sounds very much like the problem I've been experiencing, i.e. partial or complete packet loss. Can last 10-20 secs, but can also last 5+ mins. Check out my thread here, my symptoms are detailed there. You could try pingplotter to check this out.

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ
I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

0 Ratings
MalcolmRogers
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thx - no probs reported there...

0 Ratings
MalcolmRogers
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi - I'm afraid that sounds too techie for me.  But my issue seems to be linked to certain sites (or types of sites?) e.g facebook often hangs, BT Yahoo email, Microsoft Online.  When it hangs it can take over an hour - but sometimes just refreshing will get me into the page. Unfortunately BT's help teams seem to miss the point and keep referring to the line test speed - which is almost always very good.  They are currently expecting me to follow some links theyve sent me - to tweak the wireless settings - and will call me back in a week!!! But it happens even when I connect wired.

0 Ratings