cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Intermittently dropping connection

Hello,

For the past week or so my VDSL infinity 1 service has begun to drop with regularity. There is no pattern to the drops, the connection may only sync up for 10 minutes and then drop again, sometimes it may stay connected for as long as 4 hours or so. There is clearly a distinct crackle on the line when conducting a quiet line test. I last had this issue in 2019, which was eventually rectified by an engineer.  The issue seems to have resurfaced now so I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance - router stats to follow

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Intermittently dropping connection

Router stats.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

You have a line fault, report it as a noisy line don't mention broadband. Once the cause of the noise is resolved, your broadband will stop dropping connection.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @MiniMoose and welcome back.

Sorry you're having problems with the line again. @licquorice is correct. You need to report the line fault only and once that's sorted your connection will improve automatically. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your suggestions. I will report as a line fault and be back with an update following that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

A Crackling Noise is usually the result of a HR, Rectified Loop or a Battery Contact.

Get that fixed and the DLM should then sort out the Broadband Connection.

0 Ratings