cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

Internet Download Speed Dropped

I have had intermitent connection issues before but they cleared up for around 2 years today it the first time it dropped out in a while but my Download Speed got dropped due to Interleavering, Any Advices on what to do? 

before.pngBefore Disconnection (Old Photo)

After.JPGAfter Drop Out

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Internet Download Speed Dropped

have you checked your line for noise by doing quiet line test?

the interleaving depth has reduced

your attainable has reduced and connection speed is currently about attainable  do you know if there has been other recent disconnections apart from the one in last hour

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

The logs only go back as far as to Feb 8th midday and there is no drops between then apart from today Smiley Sad

I have also done a Quite Line test and it clear

Also More info regarding Cabinet

cab.JPG

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

@imjolly

I have just check my Router Firmware and it seems to be quite out of Date v1.10.03 build398 Jul. 17, 2017 should I update the Firmware or will it affect the DLM process? 

It is several builds out of date but there is a lot of fixes regarding xDSL Drivers 

https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/DSL-AC88U/HelpDesk_Download/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

as the router dropped conenction only few hours ago I would wait couple of days and then update the firmware to current version

at present your connection speed is within estimated range and above handback speed so unless there is a fault BT won't help getting faster speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

@imjolly

I saw your post but after a bit of reserch and reading the update logs there was alot of feature added like Support for G.INP and a lot of fixes for xDSL and software bugs

Well I am hoping the Update just fixed my issue

It appers that G.INP is active on my line and I am now on Fast Path insted of interleavered updated.JPGAlso should My WIFI 5Ghz be that hot ?

wifi.JPG

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Update:

Within the new updated firmware it added FEC the router has only been up 12 hours and FEC is keeps  clocking up

FEC downstream is 210000+ upstream 4

CRC, HEC, ES and SES are at 0

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

@imjolly

This is a follow up and possible issue found.

My connection has not dropped since the Firmware update that added FastPath and G.Inp Support

Issue

Now and Again I am hearing intermittent noise on my cordless phones.

I quickly switched to a corded phone and I heared it but not as bad after 10-20min the noise was gone.

Quite Line Test https://youtu.be/yunG5LgS7Q4

Router info

IMG_20190307_194401.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

The noise you hear on your line could easily be the reason you are still in banded profile at 44mb and noise margin above normal. Connection looks stable from dsl uptime 

strange show path fast yet interleaved depth 16

maybe check quiet line test and if still noise report phone fault to 151

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

I have checked the line and is clear as of now, its seems to be intermittent.

I would say it lasted around 10mins

The call I received before the Quite Line Test had a large amount of noise and the person on the other end heard it as well.

I do not know how to proceed with this issue since it's intermittent.

Video in above post 8
0 Ratings