cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keyraz666
Message 1 of 4

Internet Dropping, keeps flashing purple

My router and internet keep disconnecting. It will be randomly when I'm using it just it's enough to kick me off Xbox live, I am also experiencing a lot of lag as well whilst I am trying to play. When it drops the router flashes purple and will come on moments later this can happen at least 10 times throughout the whole day and it is just very disrupting. I have tried pushing all the cables in the back to make sure it is all working.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet Dropping, keeps flashing purple

@keyraz666 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
keyraz666
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Keith_Beddoe I have tried this and there seems to be some static like in the back ground and when it was quiet to

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@keyraz666 wrote:

Hi @Keith_Beddoe I have tried this and there seems to be some static like in the back ground and when it was quiet to

If there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

Make sure you check it at the test socket, to make sure the fault is not on your own internal wiring.

0 Ratings