cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Internet Service Cap

HI there, i have a fibre 100 deal and my internet is assured to be 150mbps. and throughout all of today it has only been at 50. i am starting to believe that BT has put a cap on my internet due to high usage. (as i stream on twitch which is a live gaming video stream and play games and watch netflix during the day.) i also have a website that requirs constant attention and needs me to transfer files to and from. Also i use live voice and video calls while gaming to talk to my friends and listen to music using Discord

Does anyone here know why my internet is only getting max 50?

Using Speedtest.net i get 50 mbps down and 30 up, with 9 ping.

When i test my internet on Bts official website i get 150 down and 40 up. Which is obviously not true.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Internet Service Cap

What do youget using fast.com? BT do not cap speed due to usage.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

BT lifted usage caps in February so everyone should be unlimited but unless you are on an Unlimited package there could still be a fair usage policy which is when traffic management might kick in. Can't seem to find data levels you'd need to exceed fair usage though

Also, the BT speed test is running a closed test to the hub

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@NigelB72wrote:

BT lifted usage caps in February so everyone should be unlimited but unless you are on an Unlimited package there could still be a fair usage policy which is when traffic management might kick in. Can't seem to find data levels you'd need to exceed fair usage though

Also, the BT speed test is running a closed test to the hub

BT gave everyone unlimited usage due to Covid-19, anyone on old legacy packages with a monthly allowance no longer had an allowance.

BT don't throttle or have fair usage policy's, unlimited is just that, you won't be slowed down or asked to use less BB if you're a heavy user.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I get 49 mbps on fast.com, which is still 100 mbps less than my gauranteed

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Give them a ring on 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings