Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 39

Re: Internet Speed Dropped after Disconnection

Go to solution

Don't worry, we'll still be here when you come back having learned to do the simple tasks we ask.Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 39

Go to solution
Haha! Yes, don't expect anything to be magically fixed on the 21st...
0 Ratings
Duncandisorderly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 39

Go to solution

I'm still in the same situation with the reduced speeds. When on the phone regarding the fault I was asked to disconnect the master socket faceplate and try using the test socket. The difference was marginal. I was then told no further internal access was required. However, as predicted by the gurus, nothing has changed. This morning I again lpooked at the figures from the router when connected normally, and then with the face plate re.moved and connected to the test socket. To me the difference is marginal. Out of interest I tried the BTW BB performance test from the test socket which showed similar figures (20.64/3.41) with IP profiles of 21.12/10 Mbps. The line seems stable enough, but I just don't get the 30 Mbps I was getting before the line issue on the 12th. Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks

Screenshot_2019-02-22 Basic - Status.pngAt Test SocketScreenshot_2019-02-22 Information.pngConnected normally

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 39

Go to solution
How predictable was that, eh! 😉

Well, we know that the internal wiring isn't causing the problem and you're not getting the speed you should, so you need an engineer visit.
0 Ratings
Duncandisorderly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 39

Go to solution

Thanks for the comment. I was hoping PaddyB might be able to instigate something at the exchange to try a higher speed.  I need to understand if the reconnection will eventually allow the original speeds, or if something has fundamentally changed by the cable severence and repair that reduces the possible speeds. The situation currently seems to be that BT tests indicated no line fault, but I'm left with a service level below the minimum guaranteed, and below that I was getting prior to the accidental line severence. What I want to avoid is a dispute with BT about costs.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 26 of 39

Go to solution

@Duncandisorderly thanks for keeping your thread updated, sorry to see that the drops have continued. 

@PaddyB is back on Monday, he'll be able to review this and contact you back with the next steps.

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Duncandisorderly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 39

Go to solution
Thanks. I'll wait to hear.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 39

Go to solution

Hi @Duncandisorderly,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry your service hasn't been repaired. I'll be able to take a look at your connection and arrange an engineer if needed.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Duncandisorderly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 39

Go to solution
Okay, I've responded. Thanks for the help.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 30 of 39

Go to solution

Hi @Duncandisorderly good speaking with you there. I am waiting to hear back from our suppliers about your fault, we will probably need to book an engineer but I'll confirm the next steps by tomorrow.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings