Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duncandisorderly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 39

Re: Internet Speed Dropped after Disconnection

Go to solution

Further to your call earlier this evening, I borrowed a corded phone from my neighbour and substituted this for my own. I can't tell any difference. There are occasional crackles on the line with either. With the corded phone connected, the router reconnects with the same sync speeds i.e 21.59/3.69 Mbps.

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 39

Go to solution
If you're getting crackles in the test socket, then you need a telephony engineer.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 33 of 39

Go to solution

I'm sure the mods will organise whichever engineer is needed.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 34 of 39

Go to solution

Hi @Duncandisorderly  I see the engineer has referred this on to a different team to arrange for the necessary dig work to be completed. I will continue to monitor the progress of this fault and keep you posted.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Duncandisorderly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 39

Go to solution

The engineer ran tests internally and externally from my property, and established there is a fault on the line approximately 13 metres away. This is at or about the location of the recent severence and repair. He then checked upstream at the nearest junction box which is the other side of the where the cable was cut. He said from there back to the cabinet appeared clear, but downstream from the JB towards my property still showed the fault. I believe he feels the likely cause is the recent cable repair. He said he would request the dig team and get them to check and if necessary remake the joint. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 36 of 39

Go to solution

Thanks for updating us.

0 Ratings
Duncandisorderly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 39

Go to solution

The Open Reach guy excavated the recent cable repair with the guy who originally cut the cable and repaired it. He was not happy with the repair, and replaced a section of cable with new. He terminated the new cable and then came to my house to check the line. The phone was fine and the broadband reconnected first time with speeds as below.

Downstream sync speed: 29.15 Mbps
Upstream sync speed: 5.07 Mbps

Obviously the original repair up the road was causing the problem. At my location I was promised 30-35 Mbps, and we are now close to that and pretty much back where I was before the accidental line damage three weeks ago.

0 Ratings
Duncandisorderly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 39

Go to solution

One thing I would point out is that BT seem to be reducing the expected speed for the "Up to 55 Mbps" service at my location. When I originally switched to fibre to the cabinet I got close to 35 Mbps. A year or so back when I was encouraged to take the newer home hub, I was promised 30-35 Mbps. I then got slightly below 30 Mbps. tonight looking at my offers I'm encouraged to take "Superfast Fibre Plus
Your download speed range 29Mb - 44Mb
Upload speed range 5Mb - 7Mb
Your minimum download speed 28Mb"

Unless I'm missing something my minimum download speed is reducing over time as I'm encouraged to pay my for another service.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 39 of 39

Go to solution

Hi @Duncandisorderly good speaking with you there. I'm happy to see that your connection is now stable, and that there's no more noise on your line.

Please post back if you need us to look into your connection further in the future.

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings