cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Internet Speeds In The Evening...

Hi,

Im getting alot slower speeds in the evenings than in the mornings, can anyone please help?

I've had an engineer out who has checked the router etc and says it all looks good, ive been monitoring the routers downstream at its sat at a constant 65mbps.

I have run various speed tests in the evening and morning. Same conditions and same devices connected when tests are preformed.  As you can see the morning is sat where it should be in terms of DL speed.

bt.png

Not really sure what to do next as BT customer service are telling me there is no issue when clearly something is going on with my connection somewhere. 

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Internet Speeds In The Evening...

Probably congestion, BT Wholesale will be aware and working to add more backhaul capacity.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Appreciate the reply, this is what I initially thought but how if there is congestion does my router have a constant high speed, it makes no sense to me. Also BT are assuring me that everything is ok and this is not the case.... 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Your router is measuring the sync speed of the DSL signal from the cabinet, download speedtesters are measuring at the IP layer via the backhaul network to the test server. Entirely different things.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Ok so that being said any suggestion on what I can do? Do I just accept slow speeds due to congestion? BT are stating there is no congestion so this will likely not get fixed and im stuck with 1/6 of the speed im paying for...?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

First of all, carry out the speedtests with a wired connection rather than WiFi to rule out any interference.

Secondly, the help desk won't necessarily be aware of any congestion issues but BT Wholesale will as they have monitoring systems in place.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

These tests were performed on ethernet cable.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I'll ask if the mods can check for a hot VP. They will post on the thread for more details from you.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Rob3rts, sorry you're experiencing slow speeds in the evenings.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be able to check your connection for you and if there is any congestion.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings