cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Internet connection dropped. Router or sync problem?

Go to solution

Came home to find I've had yet another powercut. (Lost track but something like 23rd in 18 months)!

Everything has fired back up in meantime as it usually does but router no longer getting an internet connection. I don't think it's fried as everything else is working on it ok but no DSL light and it's reporting no cable connection.

Checking the logs I've just got lots of 'timeout waiting for PADO packets' errors and 'ntp sync failed'. 

I've not had a BT router for many, many years so can't try any other.  This is an Asus AC68U which doing a search I can see has thrown up this problem before and is not highly thought of but has always been solid for me. 

I don't want to keep rebooting it but I tried one complete hard reset of it in case it had got it locked up with itself, as per a few other threads on here. No dice, even in factory reset mode I get the same error and no DSL connection. 

How do I now get this resolved?  I haven't got a BT router to try, I've got a sneaky feeling this is some sync issue with BT itself rather than the router.  Could there be a wider problem with exchange. Does something like this take a few hours to 'resync' itself?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet connection dropped. Router or sync problem?

Go to solution

After reset is username - bthomehub@btbroadband.com - still correct. Password bt or whatever you decide

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Yes.  After resetting router to factory I did reenter the BT login details (luckily I'd seen this mentioned on a different thread). Still no joy. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Update on this.

IT chap at work gave me a TP Link VR2800 modem/router to try. 

Connected straight away.  Can't say why the old router is getting in a mess?  I was going to plug it back in again after the TP link to see if that's cleared the line.  However, the TP Link is giving me a connection speed of 8.1MB/s which is absolute maximum so don't really want to faff around again.  Will see how it performs over next few days and hopefully no gremlins appear. 

Now to reset up all the port forwarding / nextcloud SSL access / unraid server etc, etc on new router. 

0 Ratings