cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Internet connection dropping every few hours

Go to solution

I have a Draytek Vigor 130 setup as a modem (latest firmware 3.8.4.1 BT) connected to Firewalla Gold (router) and Linksys WHW0302 Velop (two nodes) as Wifi access point. In the last few weeks, the ADSL connection started to drop. First it was every few days, now it is almost every 2 hours. The vigor reconnects, but the disconnecting is getting really annoying. I have been using this setup for more than a year now, but never had any problems. The Vigor is 4 years old and has been running without a single issue all that time. Nothing has changed on the network

I have changed the broadband filter on the wall, but it made no difference.

Any ideas what this can be? Thank you.

Here is my stats from the Vigor

vdsl.PNG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Internet connection dropping every few hours

Go to solution

try using the test socket with the filter and see if that helps stability  while in test socket check for line noise by dialing 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I have tried connecting to test socket with filter, but this made no diffrence. Had another two disconnects since.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

checked for line noise?  new filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Yes, sorry. The filter is new and the noise test was ok (no noise).
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

then either a fault with vigor or the line outside  if latter then you need to report fault to  CS 150

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I will try to plug in BT smart hub 2 tonight and see if the error persist. If its still there I will contact BT.

What is CS 150?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Customer Services and phone is 150 from BT landline or 0800800150 from mobile

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I have changed the vigor 130 to by Smart hub 2. I can still see disconnections (not as many as with vigor, but still...) so booked a BT technician to come and check. Will update once they have been.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

BT Technician came around and discovered that the line was damaged and fixed the problem. Thank you!

0 Ratings