cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asteconn
Message 1 of 5

Internet connection drops and home hub constantly resets during rain.

Hello!

I am in rented accomodation and our net connection keeps dropping when the weather is bad. We have had engineers out many times who have stated hat there is no issue with the lines. Every time it rains the net drops and the home hub constanly resets itself.

I am now of the opinion that they are talking rubbish.

We have a home hub 5 on BT infinity. I have attempted using an infinity modem I had as a troubleshooting step but it has made no difference.

What information do you all need and what further steps should I take?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Internet connection drops and home hub constantly resets during rain.

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
asteconn
Message 3 of 5

I attempted that step as you suggested and didn't hear anything. I'll try it again when it rains to see if there is any change.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @asteconn and welcome.

I think @john46 is on the right rack here. If you can hear noise on the quiet line test report it straight away to 151 who should be able to arrange a line engineer appointment for you. If you get stuck post back and we'll lend a hand.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
asteconn
Message 5 of 5

Hello all.

Thank you for the responses. I've tested the line when the weather is poor but I still can't hear any noise or crackling. One of my housemates is a former telecoms engineer who theorizes that water ingress has oxidized the wires, or is causing a short; but beyond that I am a little stuck. I do have spare routers I could use as a troubleshooting step.
0 Ratings