cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbo41
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Internet connection

New to the forum - and quite  new to BT! (Was very happy with o2 till Sky took them over!).Now have Infinity.

Problem occurs quite frequently in that the taskbar icon shows connected Local & Internet but clicking on browser (Firefox) nothing happens. I clear the cache - still nothing. Then I check Network centre and it shows connected to Hub and connected to Internet - but still pages wont open.

I have to disconnect my connection in Network Centre and set up a new network connection - then the pages load.

As a 'newbie' can any mod please help?  Have checked online help but problem not covered.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Internet connection

Are you connecting wired or wireless? What homehub are you using? Do you have BT Desktop help installed?

Things to try:

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

If you have BT Desktop help, uninstall it. It is a piece of software junk and can cause more problems than it solves. It is not needed to connect to the Internet or for anything else on your computer.

If you are connecting by wireless, download, install and run inSSider. It will show you the wireless channels and which one your Homehub is on. You want to find the channel with the least congestion, ie. least number of users. Once you have that you need to change your homehub onto that channel.

See link for insider

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

See link how to change channel on homehub

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094

0 Ratings
robbo41
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Internet connection

Thanks Gurfu for your quick response.

Using both wireless and wired. Dont have Desktop installed.

Will try your suggestions and will let you know results

0 Ratings