cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavinstamford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Internet disconnecting overnight and other issues - help required

Once again I'm posting here, seems to be a cyclical thing!

Internet's been fine for a while, then suddenly I'm getting issues again. Connection has dropped 3 times in 3 nights (like 2-4am), and several times before this too. I only know when I wake up to a bunch of emails in my inbox from failed cron jobs trying to pull data from my game server and a bunch of people complaining the server isn't running.

Tonight the connection hasn't dropped, but the speed dropped to the point where it was impossible to load a page. The HH still quoted me as 35mb, which clearly wasn't the case. I did note the Noise Margin was 6.2/3.2 - What does this signify? Ended up having to reset the router, which appears to have solved the problem, but with 6+ restarts/reconnections in a week or so, I'm worried I'm just going to be getting worse and worse as Dynamic wotsit kicks in.

Happy to post the entire log, or helpdesk as required, but really I'm hoping that there's something going on I can report?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Internet disconnecting overnight and other issues - help required

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings