cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Internet dropping in and out for two days

Today and all of yesterday my internet has been going down what seems like several times an hour.  I'm wondering if BT are throttling service to deal with the increased use, or if that extra strain is causing me to lose connection?

Either way it's extremely irritating.

There are no reported faults in my area, and connection speed seems unaffected.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Internet dropping in and out for two days

even if BT were reducing the download speed (which they are not) it would only affect your download speed not your actual internet connection

have you checked for line noise which is most common cause   dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

I don't have a corded phone.  There is a slight hiss on the line but it's always been there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

any line noise is a problem for broadband and you need to report a phone fault to 151

testing with corded phone would be better just to make sure hiss is not caused by current phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

The noise has been there for years and they've already said there's nothing they can do about it.

It's not related to my current disconnects.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

post your hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number    https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Hub stats: 

DSLchecker results:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 14

Hi @LukasD thanks for posting that information. Your connection time was only 14 mins so you would be best to test your connection directly in the test socket if possible. Have a look for the type of socket you have and then test again. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

It is running off of the test socket.  And 14 minutes is about as long as it stays connected for.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

ive been having this for weeks still no help for it

0 Ratings