cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Internet dropping out all the time

Anyone else having issues with the internet and connecting? Past three days are terrible for me.... Had to turn router on and off about 50 times.... Flashing orange lights.... No TV.....

Is it down seems to state there are country wide issues but BT don't appear to have said anything

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Internet dropping out all the time

have you checked your phone line has a dial tone?  if so dial 17070 option 2  should be silent

have you tried connecting to test socket with filter to eliminate your internal wiring?

multiple resets will severely reduce your connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Got a dial tone... Silent test is not silent... Not been in test socket... We have had an open reach technician outside the house doing stuff many times this week... Not from our request just doing something unknown... Ever since my internet has been rubbish.

I know restarts will diminish speed etc but when you have no asked at all what's the difference. 

Currently doing everything in 4g... Can't even report a fault as the online system says I have a fault logged, when I go in to track it, it says you have no fault logged.... Terrible system

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

you need to check from test socket to make sure line noise is caused by something outside your home so engineer visit is free  you can phone 0800800151 from mobile and report your phone fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the help but it's up at the moment and I'm not going to risk turning it off to test main socket while I can use the internet normally.

Ill just persevere with it

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

So BT have gone out again and done something (no information to what is being done) and my download speeds are dire.

They have reported it as fixed (about 40 minutes ago) but Im getting worse speeds than I was before. Do I need the line to settle? 

On a speed test I get around 7MB/s down - Will this get better over the coming days?

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 11.38.15.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

can you check you have a dial tone and if so can you dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone from test socket

your connection speed is really low as is max attainable

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks, Yeah I have a dial tone and the quiet line test seems, well quiet. 

My internet just disappeared 2 minutes ago and my stats now show me going up in speed.. Maybe they are still playing around with it

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 11.50.02.png

0 Ratings