cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Internet has stopped working, just directs to service information page

I wonder if any one can give me some advice or if there are any BT staff that can help me.

I have BT infinity 2 which was working fine until about 10 am this morning, then internet just died. I now have no internet.

At first when I tried to connect to internet I was getting a DNS error on all devices.

Then shortly after it changed and now each time I try and connect to internet it directs me to a BT Service Information Page. 

I have tried restarting and resetting router and modem. ( I don't have a BT homehub as BT home hub stoped working years ago and BT refused to send me a replacement even when I signed up to new contract) so I am using a BT open reach modem and a tp- link  WiFi router both of which I bought my self. This has worked with no problems for over 2 years until today.

The restarting and resetting has not fixed the problem. I've tried changing the filter splitter and have tried replacing ethernet cable connecting modem to router.

I have no internet on ethernet or WiFi.

I've contacted BT but so far they have been useless. They did a line test and claimed every thing was fine, they then  just gave me a useless ebook that just talks about how to improve internet. With things like where to place router, restarting and resetting and and then at end of booklet only other option it states is to upgrade internet package. 

Well no why would I want to upgrade my internet packpage and pay more for a broken service.

I've done a line test my self and it sounded clear and quiet.

I've requested a ring back from BT they said they would ring me back within 20 minutes but have received no call. Does any one know what the problem might be and how to fix.

I desperately need to get internet back on, I need it for work and for my children to do there school work. They have already missed there online lessons for today.

I'm using my mobile phone to post this.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Internet has stopped working, just directs to service information page

have you checked 'help' at top of page and then service in my area  to see if it is outage and  not you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes I have been to help and checked service in my area and it says every thing is fine. No outages, everything in my area running fine.

So assuming it's something on just my line

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Dial 17070 and make sure it reads back your number, it sounds as though your line has possibly been crossed with someone on a different ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Ok so weirdly it's just suddenly started working again. I'm guessing it was something BT's end that has now fixed it's self. Will keep a eye on it and see if it goes again.

0 Ratings