cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
si777
Message 1 of 10

Internet keeps dropping out

As tittle say internet keeps dropping out, it's literally only for like 10-30 secs the router stays on the blue light and nothing comes up on the computer to notify me the internet has gone out. I play competitive video game called counterstike (CSGO) and get lag spikes (choke and loss), I put it down to bad servers but people who have worst connections than me and have a higher ping to the server never really lag.

I'm connected via a ethernet cable but also the other people in my house are having issues with wireless connection, but I guess it's better fix my problem first.

Where should I start with this problem?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

Are you using the test socket with a new filter?

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

with wifi problem have you split the networks if you use hh4/5. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
si777
Message 3 of 10

Hi 

Thanks for the swift reply, I should of said I'm using HH3 ... I cannot do the test right now as people are using the internet so will have to do the test in the morning, 

"Are you using the test socket with a new filter?" - I don't really know what this means?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

If you use hh3 then all the stats are in the modem and unless unlocked are not accessible

if you have an nte5 then test socket is here. test socket.jpg

or is socket like this

fibre SSFP.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
si777
Message 5 of 10

So I cannot do the first test right?

Here is the phone like test....

bt.png

0 Ratings
si777
Message 6 of 10

Also I think I have the first socket
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

If you have the first socket then you can see the test socket

if you check the hh3 does it show internet connection time. Most of the time the modem is ok but there are quite a few posts with customers having problems with the older hh3. Have you tried customer services to see if they will replace the hh3 preferably with the hh4 which still needs the modem

0 Ratings
si777
Message 8 of 10

Hi turns out I do have HH5 I did the test this morning and I was getting what I  expected 56 down and 10 up witha 10 ping.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

My family and I have a sky broadband account with a router that is connected via the phone line. 

It's now been OVER A YEAR since we have reported this issue with both Sky and BT. We've had 3 different sky engineers and 3 different BT Openreach engineers visiting the property. The quality of customer service has been appauling. The issue is with BT.

We've tried replacing the wall socket in the flat, the mains switch that connects to the main line. We've even gone to the expense of bringing in an electrician to replace the wiring in the flat (not cheap). 

The last BT Openreach engineer did some rewiring at the exchange which seemed to do the trick then it went back to an intermittant service within two days. We've had our line re-routed to a different exchange. We've had the exchange (Fulham Broadway) fitted with a new modular system. The engineer tells me that we need a 'tie pair' replacement next. He knew this prior to the last visit but the problem still hasn't been solved. 

Every time I speak to Sky customer service and technical support they send me on the same wild goose chase of line testing and nonsense process. The communication between Sky and BT is disgustingly aweful and the quality of BTs products and technical service is the route of the problem. You should be ashamed of the eway in which we have been treated. Everytime we call BT we are told to go through Sky. Everytime I speak to Sky it's a battle to get them to book another Openreach appointment as apparently "it costs a lot of money". We it actually costs me a lot of money fore a poor service that my family and I don't receive too.  

This case should be fully investigated and reviewed. Your system is wrong on so many levels and it's the paying customer who suffers. After spending yet another hour on the phone with Sky I've managed to book another Openreach engineer visit for Monday from 8-1pm (another day off). I pray that somehow you are able to fix this problem. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

My family and I have a sky broadband account with a router that is connected via the phone line. 

It's now been OVER A YEAR since we have reported this issue with both Sky and BT. We've had 3 different sky engineers and 3 different BT Openreach engineers visiting the property. The quality of customer service has been appauling. The issue is with BT.

We've tried replacing the wall socket in the flat, the mains switch that connects to the main line. We've even gone to the expense of bringing in an electrician to replace the wiring in the flat (not cheap). 

The last BT Openreach engineer did some rewiring at the exchange which seemed to do the trick then it went back to an intermittant service within two days. We've had our line re-routed to a different exchange. We've had the exchange (Fulham Broadway) fitted with a new modular system. The engineer tells me that we need a 'tie pair' replacement next. He knew this prior to the last visit but the problem still hasn't been solved. 

Every time I speak to Sky customer service and technical support they send me on the same wild goose chase of line testing and nonsense process. The communication between Sky and BT is disgustingly aweful and the quality of BTs products and technical service is the route of the problem. You should be ashamed of the eway in which we have been treated. Everytime we call BT we are told to go through Sky. Everytime I speak to Sky it's a battle to get them to book another Openreach appointment as apparently "it costs a lot of money". We it actually costs me a lot of money fore a poor service that my family and I don't receive too.  

This case should be fully investigated and reviewed. Your system is wrong on so many levels and it's the paying customer who suffers. After spending yet another hour on the phone with Sky I've managed to book another Openreach engineer visit for Monday from 8-1pm (another day off). I pray that somehow you are able to fix this problem. 

0 Ratings