Message 1 of 8

Internet speed Problem.

Hello there,  

I just renewed my contract with BT to  

Superfast Fibre Plus

• Average 67Mb download speed. Average 18Mb upload speed

But is said would be about 44MB give or take 1 or 2 MB

(Minimum speed 40MB)

The first night and second night i was getting up to 45/49  download speeds Using Bt Wholesale speed checker and some other web sites, Now its changed down to 31/35 the past few days.

I can't see why the speed would be downgraded after 2 nites, is there a issue with the exchange Cabinet in the area.?

Exchange EVANTON is served by Cabinet 2

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Internet speed Problem.

can you post stats from your router  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Talus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi there,  here is what u asked for,

The Data rate and Maximum Rate have been  droped as they were above 40000  last time i check a few nights ago.

Dsl.jpgBt Hub.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

can you try using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection by eliminating your internal wiring and faceplate  when in test socket try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet apart from the announcement and best with corded phone  if any noise report a phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Talus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Well i did as your sead and pluged it into the test socket and 
thats better than before

Bt hub 1.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

speed better and max attainable has increased which is good

did you try quiet line test?

0 Ratings
Talus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I did just now, sounds like a little static on the line that could be cordless phone and i dont have any other phones to test the line

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

as I have posted previously a £5 investment in a cheap corded phone can save you the £129.99 engineer callout fee as one of the first test is check for dial tone and then for noise assuming dial tone  this is best done with a corded phone as cordless often have dull hum and possible interference

0 Ratings