cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Internet speed is horrendous

I live with my parents in west moors and honestly the internet speed for this house is pathetic and has been ever since we got it. The internet speed maxes out at 3 MB/S, If someone is downloading something you can’t stream Netflix, the games I play are unplayable, constantly have high ping and if more than 2 people are doing anything like watching YouTube or streaming Netflix my ping on games is constantly 120+. I’ve had to put up with it for years and honestly I can’t believe how trash the internet speed is here in this day and age. I even have a wired connection into my computer and the speed is still horrendous! Seriously considering getting my own broadband set up but certainly will not be going with BT.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Internet speed is horrendous

Hi @Liquicity95 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the slow broadband speeds.  To understand what speed your Parent's line can support, can you enter their telephone number on this link? -->  BT Broadband availability checker

Please reply back including a screenshot of the results but remember to edit out the phone number from the screenshot before posting.  We can chat about it again once you post back and if there is anything that can be done to help improve the speed we'll do all we can 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

when post info requested by @RobbieMac  can you also

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal
Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Many thanks @imjolly  😊

@Liquicity95  Please also confirm what broadband service you have and I'll move your thread to the most appropriate board.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi thanks for the help. Yeah like I said the internet speed is fine until 1 person starts streaming then the internet just seems like it cant handle and the ping is constantly jumping from 50-150+ ping and streaming is in poor quality etc. Ive put the picture on an Imgur link and you might have to zoom in a bit to see it.

https://imgur.com/a/1vWNKTm 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

I spoke to my step mum and she said we have the fibre package, paying £60+ a month and she even says the internet is bad and is considering changing.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi Ive had to put the pictures on Imgur again because when I upload the photo its too hard to make out the writing. May need to zoom in a bit.https://imgur.com/a/8OGYIJH  https://imgur.com/a/hp8LKjI 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Cannot read the images when I enlarge just go blurred

can you try reducing image size and then use the camera icon to upload here as that same time jumping back and forth reading posts and looking at image

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

BT 3.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

BT 3.pngBt stat 1.pngBt stat 2.png

0 Ratings