cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Internet still works with just 1 wire connected to master socket?

Hi,

I have my blue wire connected to the A terminal and white and blue connected to the B terminal. The blue and white is the telephone wire and the blue wire is the broadband wire. 

for me, the internet still works if I take out the white and blue wire but why is this so? I thought the internet comes in via the blue and white wire too? If I disconnect the blue wire and leave the white and blue wire in, I don’t seem to get a dial tone. 

what exactly does each wire do and which wire is internet sent back to the green cabinet?

thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Internet still works with just 1 wire connected to master socket?

you need both wires connected for phone to work but broadband may not always work with 1 wire connected.  however the connection speed is normally significantly reduced when only 1 wire connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Internet still works with just 1 wire connected to master socket?

It's not a case of one wire is used for telephony and one wire is used for broadband, both wires are used for both but because there is no DC component in the broadband signal, it will work in an impaired fashion on one wire.

0 Ratings