cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Interpreting Smart Hub Symbols

I have G.fast with a Smart Hub 2.

When looking in "My Devices" in the Hub's log, some show as a green symbol with a capital D in the bottom right hand corner, whilst one has a figure 6 in the top left hand corner. Others simply have the green symbol without any other notation.

What do these additional letters and figures mean please?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Interpreting Smart Hub Symbols

if you use the search facility this question has been asked a few time but there has not been a conclusive answer.  maybe get one this time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I asked BT directly and was told incorrectly that the D stood for disc when it was connected via a disc. They had not heard of the 6.

If BT support don't know I don't think there is much chance of anything other than an educated guess here.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

As far as I'm aware, 'D' is dual stack (i.e IPv4 and IPv6) and '6' is IPv6.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@licquorice  Good guess but it does not correspond with my devices unless it just allocates the D and 6 incorrectly.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

If I turn off IPv6 on my laptop the 'D' disappears. If I turn off IPv4, the 'D' disappears and the '6' appears.

Seems pretty conclusive that 'D' means the device is dual stack and connected at IPv4 and '6' means the device is connected at IPv6.

Message 7 of 8

@licquorice  Yes you are right, I tried with one laptop and it responded as you say.

However I did it with a different one and nothing changed, that is why I did not believe your 1st response as I had previously tried it on that laptop and not the one that worked. I assume some sort of glitch, I have reset the hub etc and it makes no difference.

However now I know it does not matter, but was just curious, it would have helped if the (i) gave the info.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I must admit, I don't take any notice of the hub network map, it is so flaky!

0 Ratings