cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 76

Re: Introducing a UK first - Hybrid Connect

Bit of error in my post, 3 disks not 10 !!

Losing it !
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 76

Is there a reason some customers can't order Halo 3+? 

What causes this? I'm wondering if it's the lack of 4G coverage at a property or if FTTP is already present.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 76

@Gary_C

I was going to ask if you lived in Buckingham Palace 😜

Message 14 of 76

🙂
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 76

I received a hybrid connect device a few days ago. According to the map, I am in a good 4G EE signal area. However I can only get 1 bar wherever I place it. Last night my broadband went down for several minutes - more than 5 - the hybrid connect did nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 76

So your saying you have the wired VDSL up and running but when it stopped for more than 5 minutes, the mobile network fallback didn't take over ?
Anything in the hubs log ?
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 76

I only have 1 bar showing almost all of the time. It briefly showed 2 bars this afternoon so I disconnected the hub and the white bar showed and I could access the internet, so it worked then. Unfortunately, I am back to 1 bar and I conjecture that it won’t work unless 2 bars are showing. The hub log didn’t seem to tell me anything.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 76

@Wmlhwrote:

I only have 1 bar showing almost all of the time. It briefly showed 2 bars this afternoon so I disconnected the hub and the white bar showed and I could access the internet, so it worked then. Unfortunately, I am back to 1 bar and I conjecture that it won’t work unless 2 bars are showing. The hub log didn’t seem to tell me anything.

The hybrid is wi-fi enabled, once paired up you can move it, by a window might be a better location.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 76

My Halo3+ & hybrid connect setup arrived today and I have to say it plugged in and setup seemlessly. I changed the IP to what my old router had and similarly the SSID, plugged everything in and away everything went. The Hybrid side is not so good as hilltop location but only one bar and that's upstairs. Fortunately I have an old external aerial from an O2 4G connection when BT broadband was cr@p in my area and that gives me two bars, still not good.

Tested the failover and it connected fine after about five minutes but only at about 3 meg, better than nowt I suppose.

Cannot use the disc yet as it has no ports so cannot replace my access point until an ethernet switch arrives. Hoping to run the disc hard wired from my ethernet backbone then.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 76

Good news is Switch arrived and yes you can hardwire the disc to increase range and throughput.

Bad news is i now find I am a BT hotspot that I cannot turn off (posted elsewhere).

Brilliantly simple to install system when I think of the hoops I had to jump through with my old bespoke network. I just plugged the lot in and it all self configured.

Shame about the unwanted, unadvertised extra though, if I cannot stop it the kit will be going back.

0 Ratings