cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 76

Re: Introducing a UK first - Hybrid Connect

Whats the problem with it ?
Its been something that has been part of BT kit for a long time but you can opt out
https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi-

Apparently it can take 28days to be actioned on your router though.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 76

Hello,

I have hybrid connect with my package, and unfortunately no matter which room, window or power socket I plug the hybrid connect device into I only get one bar 4g signal and it’s showing as 111dBm signal strength. I even tried it in all corners of the loft, and still nothing better than 111dBm.

To try and improve this I purchased sma fit 4g let external antennas to add to the two ports of the hybrid connect box, but there was no change in signal strength.

is there anyway other way to boost the signal strength?

Seems a bit pointless paying extra for something that’s never going to be any good

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 76

I can’t get any better but it does manage to work when my broadband fails - there are major problems round here. When it switches on after 5 mins it produces 45 download and 4 upload.

Message 24 of 76

Well that’s good to know, I will have to fake a failure and test it! Have you noticed any performance difference whether it’s wireless connected to the Wi-fi or ethernet to the hub?

I guess it’s all down to EE coverage rather than BT 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 76

There seems to be no difference whether the ethernet cable is connected or not.

Message 26 of 76

My SH2 is on the ground floor in the corner (where the master socket is), where I had co-located the hybrid connect box. I was getting -110dbm initially on a wired connection. Moved it to the upstairs and tried on wired/wireless getting -92dbm. Moved it into the loft where I have existing network cabling/power and got it down to -80dbm.

I  bought some cheap LTE antennas from amazon and had some success from it.  So leaving it in the loft and trying the internal LTE antenna got me down to -70dbm. I used the following site https://www.cellmapper.net/ to check to see where the mobile masts were in my local area and then oriented the antennas and box to point at what would be the best tower. It turned out based on signal levels that I wasn't going to the one I thought and trying different positions in the attic meant i could work out that i was going to another one. Just try differing spots to find the best levels etc

Like others, I've forced a failure in my FTTP by just unplugging the ONT and then ran on the 4G for a few hours - its been workable, wouldn't say i'd like to stay on it that long - but its better than nowt 🙂

Message 27 of 76

@mforrest Do you have a link to the ones you bought?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 76

@TheRealBudski  Posting links to products on Amazon are against forum rules.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 76

Apologies for that......

😀

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 76

Its ok to post the make and model of any devices, just not a link to an e-commerce site.

0 Ratings