cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max99
Message 1 of 5

Inverness Macdhui Exchange - No Fibre in Scorguie area

Does anyone know why the Scorguie area of Inverness has no fibre provision?  The exchange has been infinity enabled for a long time now and new cabinets were installed in my area a year or less ago.

Despite this every time I contact BT about the issue they tell me there's no planned date for infinity rollout in my area.  All this despite the promises of local politicians (Danny Alexander in particular) that the Highlands (and Inverness in particular) were going to pioneer fast broadband.  At the moment that's looking like another hollow political promise.

Does anyone have any information?  My postcode is IV38QE and at the moment we're getting speed around 3M on copper. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Inverness Macdhui Exchange - No Fibre in Scorguie area

Looks like you're on an Exchange-only line. The full address checker is a bit odd http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
max99
Message 3 of 5

I've performed all the checks and there's nothing available.

GIven our property is a long way from exchange and 'exchange only' does this mean we'll likely be stuck with slow broadband for years to come?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

The checker results are very odd http://goo.gl/zkT8hz and I don't know what it means. It looks like some strange exchange extension. Are you in an old TPON area?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
max99
Message 5 of 5

I'm not sure.  Have had standrad (slow) BB for years.

0 Ratings