cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 1 of 42

Ip profile not increasing

Folks, it's now been over 4 weeks since my connection reset itself. The ip profile hasn't risen at all. It's stuck at 73 now. Can anyone help how I can get it reset to the installation rate of 77.4? I've tried the technical help desks, but all they seem to do are run tests from India then declare the line to be free/clear. When I ask them about DLM or interleaving they don't understand at all what I'm talking about.

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 42

Re: Ip profile not increasing

Is that 73.00 exactly?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 3 of 42

It's 73.29 exactly. Not moved in the slightest since the reset over a month ago now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 42

Has the modem been reset at all?
Has the Homehub?
--
0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 5 of 42

Each time I've called the technical help desk they've got me to factory reset the router and/or pull out the power lead in the modem and the router.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 42

If you reset the modem, that will delay DLM from uncapping the connection. You should leave it alone for a couple of months.
--
0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 7 of 42

But when I' asked technical help about DLM and interleaving they said they didn't know what these were. Simply said plug and unplug the router and modem and this would clear the problem?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 42

Can I ask what you are going to use the elusive 4.11Mbps for when you have 73.29Mbps to play with, which most people can only dream of?

0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 9 of 42

Firstly I'm trying to figure out why my hardware reset itself and all the settings which were brilliant since installation. Then how to get the profile raised again to the installation level?

I didn't know that resetting both router and modem would have a detrimental affect on trying to solve things. Why would the technical help desk put you through this if it would have no benefit to raising your profile? Surely, they should've said leave everything alone and it will raise itself in a while
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 42

@con_dorleone wrote:
Firstly I'm trying to figure out why my hardware reset itself and all the settings which were brilliant since installation. Then how to get the profile raised again to the installation level?
It could have reset itself due to either a power outage or a software update.

I didn't know that resetting both router and modem would have a detrimental affect on trying to solve things. Why would the technical help desk put you through this if it would have no benefit to raising your profile? Surely, they should've said leave everything alone and it will raise itself in a while
It is a standard starting point for the helpdesk to have you reset everything back to factory settings. This is to try and rule out any misconfigurations. As you have already been advised, the best thing is to leave the modem switched on 24/7 and the profile should slowly increase. This can take a number of weeks. As you are already on such a high profile it would tend to indicate there are no problems with your line. If there were DLM would reduce the profile.
0 Ratings