Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 42

Re: Ip profile not increasing

con_dorleone,

You are correct,the DLM does not seem to raise the profile levels,you have the same problem as me except that mine has not changed in over 6 weeks now,it was 77.41 for nearly 18 months now it is stuck at 47.41 and the strange thing is that my estimate is now also 47.41.

We are being controlled and conned.

con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 12 of 42

Do you know how long this will take? Judging from what you're saying the increase may not happen at all in my case

This sounds a bit wrong? Surely if it was a software update or even I had to switch thing off to move things around this shouldn't change things at all for your technical settings? Once things are installed shouldn't they stay at the levels they are given to you.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 13 of 42

There are lots of reasons your speed may change, and many of these will be permament.  There may be slight degradation in the line, or extra installations of FTTC may have caused crosstalk and lowered the speed attainable.  Where the drop is trivial as in your case, just accept it.  (I guess you are still well above the estimated speed anyway?).  Even in much more extreme cases such as ironman's it seems almost impossible to get things sorted out properly.

While hoping for an increase, disconnect and reconnect the router each morning (best done from the web interface) in case DLM has raised your sync speed but the IP Profile has not been adjusted appropriately.  This happens when the modem resync is so fast that the higher level PPPoE connection is not broken.  As others have said, do NOT do anything to the modem.

0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 14 of 42

Ok. I'll try the router reset now. Which command on the interface is it? I've got restart or reset? Or is it disconnect
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 42

Do a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 16 of 42

Wait a minute. Now I don't understand. One person's saying do the restart via the interface, now someone else saying about sticking pins into the back of the router. Which one do I try?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 17 of 42

Disconnect. Once disconnected, the button will become 'connect' or 'reconnect' so you need to press a second time.

Reset or restart or sticking a pin in will be ok, they will make the router do much more and take more time. For some router errors that is necessary, but for refreshing the IP Profile disconnect/reconnect is the quickest.

The reason for doing the reset each morning is that if DLM does allow a speed increase it will usually action it in the middle of the night to minimize disruption.

0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 18 of 42

Just did the reset. But the ip profile still shows as 73.29. What do I do now?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 19 of 42

I think I'm safe in assuming your IP Profile accurately reflects your sync speed. My advice is to leave it for a couple of months.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 20 of 42

That's ridiculous. How do I get this DLM interleaving switched off? Is there a setting in the router I can access
0 Ratings