Message 21 of 42

Re: Ip profile not increasing

You can't. It is all automatic.

0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 22 of 42

But how can it be automatic if it's not improving my profile?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 42

you cannot get the DLM turned off it operates 24/7 on all lines and is fully automatic like wise interleaving operates in the same way fully automatic for such a small change you will not get an engineer out to do a reset like wise if requested it is most likely Openreach would refuse such a small change just leave it and if in time the DLM see the line stable enough to increase the IP Profile then it will do so
0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 24 of 42

But that's the advise I followed from 4 weeks ago. None of the resets advised by the technical help desk or the one I did today has made a difference. This doesn't even make sense that I can't access or control myself the line profile. Even on ADSL via the right routers you could adjust the SNR values yourself. So what were these tests I was advised by the technical help desk that were being conducted at the exchange or on my line? Every time I registered a fault it would show up on my online account as diagnostic tests begun on BT Retail servers?
0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 25 of 42

@legitimise_sailing wrote:
If you reset the modem, that will delay DLM from uncapping the connection. You should leave it alone for a couple of months.

Rubbish, the Openreach advice for a stuck profile is to reset the active NTE5, in earth speak reboot the modem.

You need quite a lot of reboots to mess your profile up and all the advice most people draw on is in relation to ADSL and not fibre.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 42

Advice is to do ONE reset of the modem without problem and if you do repeated resets it will cause a problem. You are saying  carry out repeated resets and it won't cause a problem. Can you say it worked for you and can anybody else willing to try this let us know how you get on?

0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 27 of 42

This is unbelievable. I haven't got a clue what to do now.

Please can someone just explain how I can get a line profile reset? Any advise or customer service number number will do.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 42

You don't. It can not be reset by you and Openreach won't reset for such a small amount. Just accept it. It might improve but then again it might not. I sure you won't miss it.
0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 29 of 42

This can't be right! Are there any BT staff who check these forums I could talk to?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 42

the mods will tell you the same there have been similar posts to yours
0 Ratings