cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 31 of 42

Re: Ip profile not increasing

So what everyone's saying is that a fault that developed on the line that wasn't my fault, which has caused a detrimental affect to my profile, I have to live with and can't rectify cleanly and efficiently?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 42

the change is so small there is no point in sending an engineer out to your home to carry out a line check and make a phone call to OPenreach to do a reset which they will not do they will most likely tell him to say to you the DLM should reset the connection given time
0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 33 of 42

Is this the same experience for BT Infinity Business customers? Because I'd rather pay the increase in subs (and get a static IP address) if it means a better level of service and stable line profile?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 42

it will not change the profile doing that either as the profile is controlled by Openreach and not BT Retail/BT Business so it will still not get changed the profile stability is id dependent on the line quality i would suspect your problem has been caused by crosstalk and if that s the case then nothing can be done
0 Ratings
con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 35 of 42

I can't even go for FTTP in my area. So essentially I'm stuck with a product that potentially could get weaker as more subscribers sign up and cross talk gets worse?

0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 36 of 42

If your getting 73MB Down you wont get much more on a DLM reset anyway and that is a fact!. You might get 74MB Down tops there is always a margin difference between 77MB top Max IP Profile of about 2MB so you are looking at top end 74 - 75MB Down and your getting 73MB Down. Not worth the engineer doing anything to your line!. If your getting 70MB+ m8ty please be very happy with it, its a fantastic speed and you should be loving it. Now when you are down to speeds of 20MB minus & still on ADSL Etc.. then maybe you would be concerned about a few MB's here and there but not with yours, so go and enjoy your Infinity connection and love it and please shut this thread, its to silly for words, be totally honest with yourself?. 🙂 No offence bud, but if I was on 73MB Down, I would be chuffed to bits, not complaining about a few MB's on my profile!. 😉 Your not going to notice any difference in anything you use.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
Guru
Message 37 of 42

So essentially I'm stuck with a product that potentially could get weaker as more subscribers sign up and cross talk gets worse?

Yes.  Luckily for you you still have extremely good speeds, and even if they drop quite a bit more you will still be much better off than most FTTC users.

ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 42

I agree with the other posts even though I am biased about the automatic part.

The OP should be glad that he/she is getting a stable 73Mbps+ download,I would be pleased if I could be stuck at that level.

The reason I am annoyed is because mine has got stuck at 45Mbps download thats 30Mbps too low for my line,but the 2-3Mbps the OP has lost are not worth worrying about.

con_dorleone
Contributor
Message 39 of 42

To be honest I've been reading a few other threads and posts on other forums and I know I'm lucky getting the speed I am. It just seems so bizarre that a system can initiate a safety feature that takes away from a perfectly good product, and leaves you with something diminished in quality from what you bought it at. And for that I'm meant to be thankful? Complete warped thinking

Roll on FTTP ... that's all I can say.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 42

You obviously do not remember using dial up at the earth shattering speeds of 28k there are still people around on those sort of speeds as even conventional adsl is not available use it and enjoy
0 Ratings