cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Is 30 devices too much for Smart Hub 6? BT infinity download speed dropping to 1mbps.

Hi

Recently my download speeds drop most evenings to around 1-2mbps. We usually average around 25mbps with BT infinity. I'm wondering if the Smart Hub is struggling to handle the demands of the 30 devices that are connected to it? 

Right now we have - 2 laptops, 2 ipads, 3 smartphones, 1 desktop computer, 1 PS4, 2 smart TVs, Sky Q with booster box and multiroom box, 1 sound stage, 5 CCTV cameras, and 2 Amazon Echos. So there can be quite a lot of data being downloaded at any one time. 

We've had the Smart Hub 6 since it came out I believe. Restarting has fixed slow speeds in the past but this seems to be more persistent.

Can anyone recommend a better 3rd party router that's Infinity fibre compatible and will handle the workload I need?

Or is there anything else I could try?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is 30 devices too much for Smart Hub 6? BT infinity download speed dropping to 1mbps.

The Smart Hub was designed to handler 64 or 65 connections, if you have 25 mbps and a few devices using the internet, that 25 mbps shared doesn't leave much per device, Sky Q downloads are usually pretty big with HD the normal standard these days, I've seen hour long programs on BBC iPlayer that are 4-5GB.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is 30 devices too much for Smart Hub 6? BT infinity download speed dropping to 1mbps.

It could be the Sky Q, there are reports of it using up to 80% of your bandwith as well

0 Ratings