cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jskidd3
Message 1 of 4

Is BT Infinity activated at the same time as the phone line?

Hi,

I have no idea about phone lines and/or how BT Infinity works in terms of engineering, but if our phone line is being activated today would that mean that our BT Infinity will also be activated today?

I ask because I imagine an engineer fiddles inside one of the junction boxes at the end of the street... I'm assuming to activate it they just toggle some wires/buttons there, or do they have to do more at a BT Broadband appointment?

We only have a phone line (ADSL) sockets around the hosue but I've set up the modem with the ASDL filter. Just wondering if I'll get lucky and it's activated today instead of on the date of the appointment. We moved in a week ago and the previous owners of the house were using all Sky services.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: e Is BT Infinity activated at the same time as the phone line?

normally you need an active phone line first then you order infinity

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jskidd3
Message 3 of 4

Yes that is what looks like is going to happen. Phone line is set for 28th and BT Infinity installation is set for 30th... so there's no chance of having them both activated at the same time?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

no you will have to wait i am afraid
0 Ratings