Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 1 of 95

Is BT limiting download speed?

Go to solution

Today is the 2nd evening my download speed drops from 58-59Mbps down to 28-30Mbps. It doesn't go over 30Mbps, really seems like it's capped there. During the night some point though it goes back up to normal, 58-59Mbps. Why is that??!! I've never ever had problems and have been with BT and there infinity 2 package (now on BT Plus) for about 4.5 years now. I always had the maximum speed day and night.. what's happening?
Stats from my hub6: (all download specs)
max data rate: 65957
Data rate: 65.89
Noise margin: 3.1dB
Line att. : 15.9dB
Yesterday I tried to reboot the router, but no luck...
Any idea? Thanks in advance.

checker.jpghub.jpgtest.jpg

0 Ratings
94 REPLIES 94
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 95

Re: Is BT limiting download speed?

Go to solution

Looks like you are suffering from congestion in the backhaul network, BTWholesale should be aware of the problem from their monitoring systems and taking steps to add extra capacity to alleviate the problem. I will ask if the mods are aware of congestion problems in the Alloa area.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 3 of 95

Go to solution
Thank you for the quick reply. New houses are getting built here constantly and I see the openreach vans every second day at the cabinet as well. When I first got connected I got speed of 74-75Mbps and that was constant for about 2 years. Since then it started going down, at the moment about 58-59Mbps. I'm not complaining, it's still a good speed, but I really want this to keep up.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 95

Go to solution

Don't do another "further diagnostics"  test until a mod replies to you as it will overwrite the one you've already done and is saved on the wholesale server.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 95

Go to solution

Hi @matekaneve  welcome and sorry that you are experiencing slow speeds. We are not aware of any congestion issues in your area currently. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we can look into this problem further for you. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 6 of 95

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 ! I sent a reply to your private message with hopefully all the details you requested. My speed at the moment is back to normal but wait until the evening to see what happens. It was the same on the last 2-3 days. During the day all fine and from about 7-8pm the spee drops. @pippincp I won't do another "further diagnostics" test so the last one won't be overwritten. Thank you everyone for the help!

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 95

Go to solution

Hi @matekaneve thanks for sending in your details, sorry I called at an inconvenient time there. I'll call you back later, as agreed. In the meantime, I have opened a case on your account and I'll update you when I speak to you later today.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 8 of 95

Go to solution

Thank you for the call Stephanie, as agreed I'll monitor the speed the next 2 days and get back to you on Saturday!

0 Ratings
Paul_P1
Beginner
Message 9 of 95

Go to solution
I having the exact same issue.. The last two nights I've struggled to get beyond 10 Mb in the evenings. Rises back up to 70mb after half 10. I'm just up the road from you just outside Dunfermline.
0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 10 of 95

Go to solution
That's weird... Last night was a bit better, still dropped down to 35-40Mbps for me as soon as the clock hit 6pm. Than it was up and down exactly until about 10:30pm. Than speed was back to normal.
0 Ratings