cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 31 of 64

Re: Is BT limiting download speed?

The router rebooted again last night, exactly the same time like before. About 1:15am. Here is the log from the router, I don't know if anybody can see anything in it. (Start from the bottom)

01:15:38, 21 Apr.

:WAN: SENSING AUTO VDSL

01:15:10, 21 Apr.

ptm0.101:VLAN VLAN_DATA connected

01:15:09, 21 Apr.

:connection ATM_TV disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]

:connection ATM_DATA disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]

dsl:VDSL link Up: Down Rate=62036Kbps, Up Rate=23320Kbps, SNR Margin Down=7.70dB, SNR Margin Up=4.00dB

01:14:49, 21 Apr.

:VLAN VLAN_DATA disconnected

01:14:40, 21 Apr.

dsl:VDSL Link Down: duration was 70090 seconds

This was also in the log: :Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

My Router Stats after this reboot:

stat.png

Otherwise the the download speed seems steady at the moment again, sitting at 56.5Mbps. I'm just afraid if the router keeps rebooting itself I will lose this speed too...

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 32 of 64

No reboot last night and the speed keeps up. 56-57Mbps day and night. 🤞 Fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 33 of 64

Again, no reboot and speed is still rock solid! Noise Margin is still sitting at 4.2dB download though. I don't know if that's good or not, or if it was reduced back to 3.1dB it gave me some extra speed, but everything seems to be stable the now!

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 64

Hi @matekaneve  Thanks for the update and good to hear all is now stable. Stephanie is back in the office tomorrow and will be in touch with you then.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 35 of 64

Hi @matekaneve thanks for speaking with me this afternoon. I am glad that your speed has improved in the evenings 🙂

Please post back if you have any more questions about your BT services in the future.

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 36 of 64

Good evening everyone! I'm really sorry to bump up this topic again, but I started experiencing the same issue again! 😞

As you can see (attached screenshot) instead of my usual 58-59Mbps I'm getting about 30Mbps. This test was actually one of the best as previous test results again came back  between 20-25Mbps. According to BT my stay fast guarantee is 50Mbps. However since the issue in April was resolved my speed was sitting at 58-59Mbps day and night. 2 days ago on Monday in the afternoon we had a really bad and heavy rain and on that evening is when this started again. Since Monday evening at about 6pm until about 11pm my speed drops to between 20-30Mbps. After 11pm again it goes back to normal. The last time the OR engineer replaced the faceplate and did something outside in the BT manhole (or what it's called). The BT wholesale speedtester gives me error so can't post a screenshot of that... Any chance a mod could have a look at this for me again? I'm happy if an engineer is booked again as probably again something is wrong with my line. Inside the house nothing changed, no new gadgets or anything that using the internet.

8332151556.pnghub.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 64

This is a really weird fault as you can see from the screenshot you posted, your sync speed is 66.56M and all the symptoms point to congestion in the backhaul network yet Wholesale say there is no congestion. I will alert the mods.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 38 of 64

22:30 and my normal speed is back as you can see. What the hell is going on. And it was like 22:30 exactly when everything went back to normal!!! 8332304055.png

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 39 of 64

Thank you! It definitely is weird... But what I don't understand, it was fine for weeks and suddenly it happens. Last time the OR engineer in the bt manhole replaced some plastic cover/clips in the wires and said there was lots of noise coming from there? I didn't really know what he meant tbh... The quiet line test on the phone is quiet though...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 64

If it is not congestion, it is some form of interference that is causing a huge amount of re-transmission that is in turn causing your throughput speed to drop.

0 Ratings