Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 91 of 95

Re: Is BT limiting download speed?

Go to solution

@PaddyB Good afternoon! I had the engineer out again this morning to finish the work. He was absolutely great! He just left now and again was here in the street working from 8am. He changed cable pairs along the line and said hopefully that will be more stable in the evenings. I checked my hub stats and at the moment my sync speed is back up where it was (69871Kbps at the moment) and the data rate is 57.41Mbps at the moment but I assume once the G.INP kicks in my speed will improve a bit. The line attenuation is 13.9dB, before it was 14.1dB so I guess it's also an improvement? At the moment I'm getting 51.10-51.30Mbps, it's 5 Mbps less then before but seems stable. I will run couple of tests in the next evenings to see what happens as well as leaving DLM to do some magic and hopefully that will be me stop being a pain... 😄 

PS: Matthew from Openreach will definitely receive an amazing feedback from me! :thumbsup:

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 95

Go to solution

Hi @matekaneve,

Thank you for posting back. It sounds like Matthew from Openreach has done a good job. I'll follow up with you again on Monday evening to see how the connection behaves over the weekend.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 93 of 95

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB  !

Just an update about the last 3 days. Friday evening no issues with download speed, was getting the 51Mbps. The hub rebooted on Friday night and brought the Data rate (From 58Mbps to 68Mbps) much closer to the sync speed (69Mbps). Saturday all day and in the evening I had no issues with download speed, I was actually amazed because I haven't seen this for about 2 years, my download speed was 61Mbps. Saturday night the hub rebooted again, sync speed 68Mbps and data rate 67. This is exactly where it was before the engineer visit. The difference is I'm still getting the 60-61Mbps download instead of the 56Mbps like before. I'm really happy with this speed and the G.INP hasn't kicked in yet as the noise is still sitting at 6dB. However last night the speed again dropped to about 35Mbps from about 8:30pm until 10pm. No reboot last night, so I guess the hub found the optimal sync and data rate and now it's just couple of days till the G.INP will be activated. As I'm really happy with the 60Mbps download I really don't want to play around with it anymore, I think I just need to accept the fact what the engineer also said. Our street cabinet is already nearly full, we're living in a new built estate and they are still connecting people to it and all the engineers hate working on our cabinet he said as it's not numbered properly, hard to find anything in it and it's just a huge mess according to him. Once I had couple of stable connection days I will try to move the hub away from the corner where it sits at the moment. My neighbour's sky modem on the other side of the wall is nearly exactly next to mine. (semi detached house) I don't really have any idea, maybe it's his modem interfering with mine somehow in the evenings or just our cabinet really is that full that it's causing slowdowns in the evenings. 

Sorry for the long post again, I would like to say a huge thank you for all your and the community's help again and hopefully I'm not going to post again, at least not about issues... 😄

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 95

Go to solution

Hi @matekaneve,

Thank you for taking my call today and for posting back on the Community.

It does sound like the engineer was very thorough in their investigation and the work carried out on your line. Having looked over the engineers report it does look like its likely cross talk from neighboring connections at the cabinet that's affecting your connection.

BT Wholesale have checked for capacity issues at the exchange and confirmed this isn't that case and your SVLAN is only running at around 10% utilisation.

I'm glad to see that there has been some improvement following the work carried out by the engineer. Please keep an eye on your connection and if you have any more problems, please post back.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 95 of 95

Go to solution

Just another post here for a quick "mid-DLM line stabilising" update. My hub reboots every 2 days at night and gains more and more speed. At the moment the sync speed is 76Mbps with 74Mbps of data rate and 64Mbps of actual throughput. Absolutely amazing stats and the noise margin is still at 4.3dB so I expect it to go right down to 3.2dB and gain even more speed. All this by changing cable pairs along the line and a simple DLM reset. The connection is rock stable, last night even during peak times, no slow downs at all! 

stats.jpgtest1.jpg

😎 👍 🤗

0 Ratings