Re: Is BT limiting download speed?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 52 of 95

Go to solution

It was a specific link that directed me to the BT website.  Here: http://support.bt.com/speedtest/?stid=4i2f1cmk68

Neil told me through that link he will see the download speed and can take it further from there.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 53 of 95

Go to solution

He will also be able to see the speed from the link I gave you if you scroll down and run the Further Diagnostics test after the first one completes.

matekaneve
Contributor
Message 54 of 95

Go to solution

The wholesale website is weird. It showed my download speed was 60Mbps however all speed test sites on different servers stated 30-40Mbps. For a while now the wholesale test is not accurate... Couple of days ago I checked my speed there when I was getting my maximum and the wholesale site came back with some ridiculously low speed...

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 55 of 95

Go to solution

Just an update on this. I talked to Neil the other day, he sent me another Speedtest link. I told him I will do the test once the download speed drops again, however in the last couple of days again it seems fine and stable. I honestly don't know what is going on here, I already started thinking something is wrong with my hub and it just maybe acts up every couple of days or weeks... Anyway I will report back again if there's any changes... 🙂

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 56 of 95

Go to solution

@NeilO I sent you a private message explaining what's happening tonight with the connection. The speed is up and down at the moment so hopefully I managed to catch the slow speed during the speed test you required.

0 Ratings
mrbrooks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 95

Go to solution

Yes.

My bandwidth has been steadily dropping for about 24 months, I am from mid to high 60s to 45...and no amount of trying can produce a reasonable answer from the BT support bods, cos of course they know in truth that we are being throttled so have to avoid the question at all costs...

I have just noticed my own little drop again a week or two back, seems 45 is my new maximum number with my average around 42-43, so I have lost 20Mbps over the last 18 months or so.

As soon as my contract is up I am moving.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 58 of 95

Go to solution

@NeilO Good morning Neil! I think the switch over that was requested has been done during last night as my router has restarted. Sync speed, max speed all the same, the actual download speed though dropped to 55-56Mbps from 58-59Mbps. I know in real world usage it doesn't mean anything though. As long as it stays stable day and night I'll be happy with it. I will monitor it until Sunday, than I will be away on holiday for 2 weeks and will get back to you when I'm back home. Thank you very much for all your help, I really appreciate it!

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 59 of 95

Go to solution

@NeilO I'm having some really bad download and upload speeds this morning Neil. It's much worse than it was before they switched me over to another "DSLAM"?. I attached the screenshot from the BT wholesale speedtest.  If this is going to be the case I would rather have my "old" connection where occasionally it played up in the evening times. This is that in the morning as well now I'm having issues I'm not really happy with. Could you please have a look at this for me. Thank you!

speedtest2.png

speedtest.png

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 95

Go to solution

Hi @matekaneve  thanks for the update and sorry to hear that things are not working as they should. I notice you will be away tomorrow for 2 weeks so Neil will keep the thread updated for you.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”