Go to solution

Thank you!

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 72 of 95

Re: Is BT limiting download speed?

Go to solution

Good afternoon, I'm just wondering if anybody has been able to have a look at this. I'm still having issues in the evenings and it's extremely weird as every evening now exactly from 8pm my download speed is 30-31Mbps. It doesn't go above or under this. Occasionally it goes up to about 48-49Mbps for 2 seconds and then suddenly drops back to 30-31Mbps. Than 12pm comes and speed is back up to normal. I know BT isn't throttling the download speed but it honestly seems like that. Especially in the last 2 nights it was exactly 8pm when this happened and the speed just suddenly dropped to 30Mbps and did not move from there. It seemed like that was the maximum I could get if you know what I mean. Very weird. I know mods are very busy and I really appreciate all they do so I'm just waiting patiently, meanwhile I managed to get a TP-Link - AC1600 "VR600" (V2) modem router for very cheap (I couldn't leave it there for £30 😄 ) off eBay. It will arrive on Saturday. Should I set it up and try it when it's here or should I wait until mods sort this issue for me? Is it possible my smarthub is playing up? I was going through the hub logs and found a lot; I mean a LOT of "eth2:IGMP join received for group 239.192.152.143 on interface eth2" messages as well as "ppp1:TR69 creating new session with ACS ; ppp1:TR69 sending Inform message ; ppp1:TR69 event found : 2 PERIODIC ; ppp1:TR69 event found : 4 VALUE CHANGE" I have couple of devices connected wireless as well as a desktop pc with wired connection, but none of the devices have the above ip address. I don't have bt tv, chrome cast or any apple devices ( as I read it somewhere they can cause this).

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 73 of 95

Go to solution

There is nothing wrong at your end, it is congestion at the exchange. If you want to set up the TP-Link then go ahead, no reason why not.

The mods should get back to you soon.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 74 of 95

Go to solution

I will try the tplink than when it's here. The last 2 times they said there is no congestion but it seems there is something...

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 75 of 95

Go to solution

Just bumping this hoping it's not forgotten as it been a week now I again reported this issue. 🤗

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 95

Go to solution

Hi @matekaneve,

I'm sorry for the delay in the mod team getting back to you. I've picked up your case, I gave both your home and mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you.

I've reported a fault to BT wholesale and they're checking the network for congestion. I should have an update from them in the next 48 hours. Please, can you retest your connection tomorrow evening using the BT Wholesale speed test?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 77 of 95

Go to solution

Thank you PaddyB. I'm at work at the moment and will only finish and go home tomorrow morning, but will run the speed test tomorrow evening. Is it the test on the wholesale website or the test in the email you sent me? Thanks again for the support.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 78 of 95

Go to solution
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 79 of 95

Go to solution

@PaddyB I just ran the speedtest from the e-mail I received, I assume you need that as an evidence of slow download speed. Tomorrow evening I will run the wholesale speedtest too. I also attached below another speedtest.net result from tonight.

.8541168154.png

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 80 of 95

Go to solution

@PaddyB Good evening! As requested here is the wholesale speedtest result. Download speed is 36Mbps and that's a true reading as all other speedtest websites give me the same results, however the upload speed is wrong as it shows 30Mbps... Today it started quite early as I'm having this download speed from about 7pm. It's getting really annoying...

btw2.jpg

0 Ratings