Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 81 of 95

Re: Is BT limiting download speed?

Go to solution

Hi @matekaneve ,

The BTW speed test frequently throws a wobbler with impossible upload speeds like that, best to run it again in that instance

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 82 of 95

Go to solution

@PaddyB Could I ask you if you need to contact me do it on my mobile number as I'll be at work. Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 83 of 95

Go to solution

@PaddyB Good evening Paddy! As we discussed on the phone I ran the speedtest again you sent me via email. Hope you got the results. Download speed again dropped about 7:45pm and I'm between 30 and 40Mbps at the moment. I know on the phone we talked about this many people are getting much less speed this time of the day, it's just annoying I'm not getting the speed I'm paying for. Even on the bt website it states my "Stay fast guarantee" is 45Mbps and I clearly not getting that speed in the evenings.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 84 of 95

Go to solution

That's definitely not what I'm paying for...

dffd.png

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 85 of 95

Go to solution

and here's another one (BTW test) from tonight from just before 11pm... 

btw3.jpg

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 86 of 95

Go to solution

Sorry for all these posts and screenshots, but I think just these screenshots should prove there is congestion here and my connection is definitely suffering badly. Here we are at 23:15 and speed is back to normal...

spt.png

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 87 of 95

Go to solution

@PaddyB I'm down to 30Mbps again as I was yesterday and before too. It honestly feels like the download speed is capped there as it's maxing out at 29-30Mbps like that was the maximum my line can support. It's really strange and I really started thinking my download speed is limited between 8 and 10. I'm not even getting the "stay fast guarantee" speed that is 45Mbps according to the bt website... I'm getting really annoyed with this as every evening now I'm having difficulties to stream 4k contents. My speed should be sitting at 56Mbps day and night, that's what I'm paying for. I hope something can be done tomorrow or in the next couple of days.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 88 of 95

Go to solution

@PaddyB Sorry for all these posts, but I think I forgot to give you a background information that might be helping sorting this or maybe totally unrelated, i don't know. Back in April my neighbour (we live in a semi detached house) had issues with his sky connection. An engineer came out and started doing something in the underground hole with the cables in front of our house. He spent a lot of time there doing something and on the very next day when my connection started playing up in the evenings first. It might be nothing related to my issue as it's probably congestion on the exchange, but I thought it's worth to say.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 89 of 95

Go to solution

@PaddyB Just an update, the Broadband engineer came today at 1:45pm and he's just about to leave however he's coming back tomorrow morning. He found no issues in my house, line, cabling all clear. He went back to the street cabinet and did a DLM reset saying to start fresh and see what happens after. However after the reset the Smarthub only syncs up with 60Mbps with the max data rate of 49Mbps. (Before the DLM reset sync speed was 68Mbps and max data rate 67Mbps). Even he was puzzled as the reset should have taken the speed up and not down. This afternoon he was following and checking my line underground from the cabinet nearly back to the house and said something is wrong in between as the speed is just not right, but he will sort it tomorrow morning when he comes back. I hope he will as now my max download speed is down to 40Mbps so I'm not looking forward to the evening when it will drop even more. I will give you an update tomorrow how it goes. Fingers crossed...

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 95

Go to solution

Hi @matekaneve,

Thank you for posting the update. I'll follow up with you again tomorrow once the engineer has been out again.

Thanks

PaddyB