cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptrac3
Message 1 of 13

Is Bermondsey FTCC Cabinet Full?

Hello everybody,

i live in the London Rotherhithe area and as of now i have a theoretical 2 Mb ADSL connection with an effective speed of 1.5 Mb.

That's why i have decided to upgrade to a fibre package but i am having problems for the product acvitation. Could someone please confirm or not that the following cabinet is, as of now, at full capacity:

Exchange name: Bermondsey
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: 57
Technology: FTTC

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Is Bermondsey FTCC Cabinet Full?

Welcome to this user forum. @ptrac3

Use this website

Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
ptrac3
Message 3 of 13

Thanks a lot, i have already checked and all it says that it is available but i can't understand why i was told that it's at full capacity..Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 07.19.19.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Not sure why that would be the case unless its happened in the last couple of days, who told you it was full?

0 Ratings
ptrac3
Message 5 of 13

my current ISP (Sky) but i have already contacted BT in order to ask whether a slot is available or not because if it is i would immediately switch ISP but none of the operatores i have talked to were able to provide me with a definitive answer.

0 Ratings
ptrac3
Message 6 of 13

i would be more than happy to switch to BT but i have to know in advance before paying activation fees etc that i will get a connection or at least receive an activation ETA.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

I assume that you are on normal ADSL broadband with Sky at the moment?

You must have used the address and postcode on the checker if you have a Sky phone number, so that is not very accurate.

0 Ratings
ptrac3
Message 8 of 13

I have tried with my Sky Talk number but it didn't work so i have also tried with postcode/address. If i check Fibre availability on  https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx with my postcode it points me to the cabinet 57 and i assume that would correct wouldn't it? Thanks a lot in advance

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

The postcode alone is not accurate enough, and you may not be connected to that cabinet.

Sky use their own phone number range and their own ADSL equipment in the exchange, so there can be issues if you want to port your number to BT Retail.

You should be able to put your address and postcode into the BT website, and that should tell you what to expect.

Even moving to BT Retail on ADSL, you would get the new customer offers, and could upgrade to BT Infinity if it became available.

0 Ratings
ptrac3
Message 10 of 13

I have tried that with my postcode and address and it seems to be available as you can see.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 11.52.10.png

My question is the following though: is the shown availability representing an actual availability of the service or not? How can a customer know in advance and before paying fees that, despite a generic "fibre availability" will actually get the service without discovering at a later stage that the cabinet is full?

Thanks again

0 Ratings