Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrAshieB
Contributor
Message 1 of 28

Is DLM applied on my line?

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been on Superfast Fibre 1 for a couple of years now, with speeds capped at 55Mbps. I have recently upgraded to Superfast Fibre 2, with Point of Sale speeds quoted as 64Mbps as the lowest, and 73Mbps as the highest. The minimum speed I should expect is 56Mbps.

However, today I called BT regarding the speeds, and they ran a speedtest & found that between the Exchange and the Hub, the speed was 53.2Mbps, and between my hub & device was 53.2Mbps too.

Looking in the Technical Log on the Smart Hub, it shows the below details;

Hub1.png

DSL Checker shows;

dsl2.png

I am wondering if the technical log looks okay, and whether it looks like DLM has been applied here? The data suggests the maximum could be 74Mbps, if I am not mistaken? If DLM has been applied, is it possible to have it removed/reset?

Thanks in advance,

Ashley

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: Is DLM applied on my line?

Go to solution

What did they say when they found the speed to be 53Mb?

Did they advise connecting to the test socket with a filter? If not please do so.

Also conduct a quiet line test (best with corded phone) 17070 option 2, any noise report a line fault on 151.

BTW Your stats suggest DLM is active on your line.

MrAshieB
Contributor
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks for your speedy reply 🙂

They said it's not normal, but they don't know why. I am already in the test socket, for my Infinity SSFP Mk3 socket, with no success.

No noise on the line from what I can hear.

This is also the result showing on Wholesale's test using an Ethernet-to-hub device;

wholesale3.png

Thanks for the assistance so far! Is there any way to have DLM removed/reset yet on VDSL? I've searched and saw that some people have had success through a Moderator, but it seems hit & miss.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

BTW Your stats suggest DLM is active on your line.

DLM is always active. Perhaps you mean banding has been applied.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

DLM is usually applied because of error/fault on a line. It is pointless getting DLM reset if the problem causing it has not been resolved because DLM will just re-activate after a short time and you will be back to square one.

You should report a problem to BT and request that an engineer be sent out to investigate why you are not getting better speeds. Assuming a fault is found the engineer should then request a DLM reset.

The moderators only request a DLM reset if either the reset was not requested or it is apparent that after a repair and reset DLM has become "stuck".

MrAshieB
Contributor
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks gg30340!

When I spoke with BT earlier, they ran a fault flow & found no faults. I'm guessing it's best, as you say, at this stage to get an Engineer out to see if there is actually a fault the system hasn't detected.

I'd be pretty confident the £85 Engineer Home Improvement Service fee shouldn't apply in this case, since I've performed own domain checks. I know BT were warning me of the fee before I let them go on the phone earlier.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

As you are connected to the test socket then the fault is external providing no extentions work.

@licquorice Yes I did mean DLM applied.

0 Ratings
MrAshieB
Contributor
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution
There’s one extension in the house, but has never been wired into the master socket. Cables are there when I removed the faceplate.

Thanks for your help guys - I’ll see if I can get BT to arrange an engineer for me.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @MrAshieB,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection and arrange an engineer if needed. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
MrAshieB
Contributor
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution
Hey @PaddyB

Thank you for stopping by. I’ve sent along the information using the link in your profile.

I appreciate your support.

Kind regards,
Ashley
0 Ratings