cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Is DLM stopping the SNR target dropping?

@imjolly wrote:

If G.INP was activated then your noise margin would be down about 3db and not current 6db  it was probably activated previously but then lost with your previous connection problems  just need to be patient

G.Inp and 3dB margin are 2 separate mechanisms. G.Inp can be activated without 3dB margin being activated.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

@japage33 wrote:

G.INP is already active on the Downstream.

For future reference, what are the banded speeds on the downstream side?  I sometimes get asked this by friends who use me as free tech support.

BANDS1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

I'm using a Huawei HG612 modem for the VDSL connection with an OpenWRT router connected to it. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Presumably you have 2 lines as your stats are different in your other thread.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Thanks for the info.

It's thoroughly frustrating waiting for DLM to do its thing. Is there anything that I can do to speed it up (e.g. request a DLM reset; restart modem on a weekly basis) or is just a case of leave it alone and waiting it out?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Definitely do not restart modem, as it will just make DLM think the fault still exists.

Unfortunately, as long as your sync speed is above the handback threshold you can't report a speed fault or get a DLM reset.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Yes,  at different addresses:

• The line in this thread is for my home address.
  • The line in the other thread is for my parent's address. I'm their tech support. 🙂  The DLM reset on that line has removed the banding and the downstream speed is now 30% higher than it was. Great result!
0 Ratings