Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterh42
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Is Fibre coming?

Hi there.

I just noticed on the essex roadworks site the following message for my postcode (CM7 3RQ)

These works are being carried out by BT and are to gain safe access to underground BT footway and carriageway boxes for fibre cabling and jointing work in existing duct. This is required for a new customer connection.

Does this mean I am going to finally get a cabinet to connect to?

The Superfast Essex site says sometime between June 2017 and June 2018.  Could it be sooner?

Cheers

Peter

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Is Fibre coming?

Your postcode area seems to be only served by EO lines. That is lines connected directly to the exchange with no green cabinet. As there's no green cabinet currently, the work wouldn't be for an FTTC cabinet for your postcode.

There is a chance that Openreach are installing a new "all in one" PCP/FTTC cabinet. These are quite rare but are cropping up in BDUK areas.

There's no information on the Openreach website about any plans for your postcode at the moment. You're best of contacting someone in the Superfast Essex outfit to see if they have any more information about your postcode.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
peterh42
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Ok it has taken 2 years for a cabinet to appear next to my property but when typing my address into openreach web site, it says In Scope.

I have been told this is for when they are planning so how comes a cabinet is put in place and trenches are dug  but there are no plans.

Could you enlighten me please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

the cabinet in place is just the start  it can take weeks/months and in some cases years for the cab to get a fibre connection and aslo a power connection  you will know when cabinet getting near available when you stand next to it and can hear the internal fans

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
peterh42
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Well the Superfast Essex site says by December 2019 so a while to wait.

In the meanwhile my adsl seems to get slower (3Mb at moment down from 6Mb in the last 6 months) whilst the required speed to use the internet are going up.  It slows down when I am the only one watching a Youtube video.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

the fibre cabinet should not affect your adsl connection  if you want possible help/suggestion from forum then post on adsl board with router stats and take it from there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
peterh42
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Seeing promising signs now.

General network cable guys were in the BT cabinet, in the man holes by the road and outside my bathroom window on Saturday.

They also put a number 57 on the cabinet.

Monday Openreach engineers were working on cabinet and one of the man holes.

I can also hear the fans in the cabinet when i put my ear to it.

Now waiting for the Fibre Broadband is Here sign on cabinet.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 8

If the fans are running then only awaiting commissioning. Should be within 2 weeks.

0 Ratings