cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Is it possible to change the cabinet your house is connected to ?

Go to solution

I live in the only house on the street that is connected to a different cabinet than the rest of my street and I do not have access to fibre broadband while my neighbors do. Other houses near me are on the same cabinet but have access to 1GB FTTP through BT , we are the only house in the vicinity that has no access to fibre broadband. I know it probably isn't possible to change the cabinet my house is connected to but I wanted to know if there is any way to get faster broadband? it is incredibly frustrating having a neighbor 30 meters away that has access to much faster broadband while you do not.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is it possible to change the cabinet your house is connected to ?

Go to solution

openreach will not change your cabinet just so you can get a faster internet connection.  This has been raised in the forum many times

enter your phone number and post the results     https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is it possible to change the cabinet your house is connected to ?

Go to solution

@RyanElseThere is no customer connected to any fibre cabinet that has FTTP. FTTP is not served from a cabinet.

0 Ratings