Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 1 of 36

Is it possible to request a DLM reset?

Go to solution

Hi beautiful people,

I have been with BT Infinity 2 since 2012 and the sync speeds have been steadily dropping since 2013.

When I first took the contract and for the first year the sync speed was 77Mbps.

Fast forward to today and even though the connection stays up for months at a time - three or four months in not uncommon - without resync every time a resync is triggered the sync speed goes down.

For the last couple of years it was between 61-63Mbps but after the last resync it has dropped to 57Mbps.

In my experience once it drops it never climbs up again.

This behaviour can be reproduced with known-good equipment connected directly to the master socket bypassing the internal wiring and the faceplace so equipment/infrastructure degradation/malfunction (at least within my premises) is highly unlikely to be the cause.

Is there any way to request a 're-train' in people's experience is it likely to restore the connection to its former glory? Or at least some of its former glory? I am at this point really close to the bottom end of Infinity 2 and only slightly above the top end of Infinity 1.

I keep yearning for FTTP however the only company offering this service in my locality is not going to hit my area for quite a while and BT... hmmm... we will probably have functional colonies on Mars before that happens so realistically trying to claw back some of the lost bandwidth is my only option in the short-mid term.

Thanks for reading.

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 36

Re: Is it possible to request a DLM reset?

Go to solution

Can we make a start with your connection stats?

Could you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log/information.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

0 Ratings
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 3 of 36

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply @pippincp 

As it turns out there is no HH6. The only HH I ever had was a HH3 which was sorely underprovisioned for the purpose and was originally shelved and then eventually - I believe in 2017 - dropped with the WEEE disposal at work.

However these are stats obtained directly from the originally supplied HG612 - which I have been using for the last 7 years - modem prior to the latest re-sync:

https://imgur.com/mPewnMB

There is currently a Draytek Vigor 2862 - I have recently upgraded the equipment - and these are the stats it reports.

https://imgur.com/jx1uxPh

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 36

Go to solution

Can you post the results here please.

0 Ratings
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 5 of 36

Go to solution

Sure thing:

Old_modem.PNGHG612New_modem.PNGDraytek

0 Ratings
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 6 of 36

Go to solution

Sorry, forgot a pic:

Draytek_2.PNGDraytek #2

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 36

Go to solution

Enter your number HERE and post a screen of the resullt. Remove number but leave exchange & cab number.

0 Ratings
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 8 of 36

Go to solution

This should be it:

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 12.16.53.png

0 Ratings
ApoAlaia
Contributor
Message 9 of 36

Go to solution

Hmmm... am I reading that output correctly?

FTTP On Demand 'available'?

I might need to eat my own words with a side serving of used up shoe if I am.

0 Ratings
albertj
Contributor
Message 10 of 36

Go to solution

This doesn't mean you can get FTTP. You can request it, but you have to pay the installation cost. 

--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
0 Ratings